As part of the Connecting East Lancashire project, a number of key businesses have been targeted through a variety of initiatives to promote and enable active travel, addressing the issues of physical inactivity and barriers to sustainable transport.
The Connecting East Lancashire Team work with businesses across east Lancashire to create a sustainable travel action plan. This may include a review of an existing Travel Plan, conducting a travel survey or an onsite audit. Action plans can be created to meet individual needs and can contain potential recommendations and interventions.
If you are interested in any of the below activities or would like to meet a member of the Connecting East Lancashire Team please email: email@example.com
Engaged businesses will have the opportunity to engage in:
- Cycling Training Sessions – providing the opportunity for employees/students to up-skill and improve their cycling confidence
- Cycling Maintenance Sessions – Providing the opportunity for employees/students to up-skill and become more competent at basic cycle maintenance
- Roadshow Events – Interactive roadshow events promoting cycling and walking initiatives, facilities and service information
- Personal Travel Planning advice and transport assistance – Provision of quick and simple advice on the most efficient modes of transport and routes, providing information on all available transport modes, costs, health benefits and registered car users in the area. Through partner organisations financial support maybe available for those starting out in employment or training
- Bike Hire Scheme – Providing the opportunity to participate in the Bike Hire scheme on a monthly basis including electric bikes
- Annual Cycling and Walking Challenges – To increase participation and raise awareness of the benefits of cycling and walking opportunities
- Annual inter-business challenges – providing an opportunity for cycling and walking events to be inter-business/organisation challenges with other partners
- Workplace Walks Programme – Promotion and coordination of a series of walks, for example lunchtime walks and raising awareness of the health benefits of walking
- Walk Leader Training – Employees/Students can partake in walk leader training to deliver bespoke led walks programmes
If you would like further information on any of the above opportunities, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more please download our leaflet here.